Some people come into our lives as blessings and some people come into our lives as lessons.
Both types of people have their place and both are valuable in their own ways.
The people who offer us love, friendship and support are those we should cherish and keep close. These are the relationships to nurture for years to come.
Who are the people in your life that have been a blessing?
- The high school teacher who inspired your love of reading?
- An aunt who passed along her love of gardening and appreciation of nature?
- Your mom, who always welcomed your friends into your home?
- A boss who always offered helpful, positive guidance and support?
We should also be grateful to those who teach us lessons. Often, these are opportunities for growth and enlightenment that we may not have otherwise been exposed to.
What have you learned from the difficult and annoying people in your life?
- From the coworker who constantly interrupted me, I was blessed with the courage to put up my hand and say, “Please stop. I’d like to finish my idea”.
- From the friend who frequently disappointed me, I learned to re-examine my expectations
- From the uncle who always baited me into political arguments, I learned to walk away.
- From the people who diminish my self esteem with comments about my body and character, I learned to look them in the eye, explain how their remarks were hurtful and ask them to stop.
For all those who come into your life to offer blessings and lessons, be grateful.