Living In Gratitude: 20 Things You Will Be Glad You Did In Life
I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. ~Diane Ackerman
Traveling broadens our horizons. It exposes us to new cultures, food, languages and ways of thinking as well as the awe-inspiring beauty of the world.
2. Learning another language
Being able to communicate in languages other than your native tongue is a wonderful gift.
3. Being brave enough to do new things
Not letting fear hold you back enables you to experience new adventures and learn new things. After all, you had to do everything for the first time…
4. Making physical fitness a priority
Your body is amazing. Take good care of it so it will carry you through life, to new places, up hills and into valleys.
5. Not letting yourself be defined by gender roles
Our gender doesn’t define us or our capabilities.
6. Quitting a terrible job
Understand what you want and need in a job, what makes you happy and challenged, If you’re in a position that isn’t fulfilling, its time to move on.
7. Realizing how beautiful you are inside and out
We are all beautiful in our own unique way. Accept yourself as you are. Don’t compare yourself against others. Realize you are beautiful inside and out.
8. Saying, “I love you”
Tell those you care about that you love them. Say it and show it often.
9. Not caring what other people think
Living YOUR life on your terms rather than based on what other’s expect or what they might think.
10. Supporting others’ dreams as well as your own
Supporting others is a beautiful thing, but it is also important to make sure you achieve your dreams as well.
11. Letting things go and moving on
Bad things happen. And yes, many of these things are difficult to move past. But to fully live, we must let go of the past and move forward.
12. Standing up for yourself
Sticking by your principles is empowering. And, we can all do this in a firm, peaceful way.
13. Volunteering your time and talents
Helping to make the world a better place is a great source of pleasure. Give generously of your gifts and time.
14. Striving toward a balance between work and relaxation.
Succeeding and being challenged in our work is important but so is time with family, friends, and hobbies.
15. Stopping to appreciate and live in the moment
Life moves pretty fast but stopping to take it all in now and again is a good thing.
16. Allowing friendships run their course
People grow apart. And that’s perfectly okay. Friends come and go throughout our lives. Letting this ebb and flow happen makes life so much simpler.
17. Not wasting time and energy worrying
As Tom Petty sang, “Most things I worry about never happen anyway.” You’ll never regret not worrying.
18. Refusing to get caught up in needless drama
Who needs it?
10. Spending time with loved ones
Our time with our loved ones is finite. Make it count.
20. Being grateful
Every moment on this earth — from the mundane to the amazing — is a gift. Appreciate all of it.